Coolidge Sylvan Theatre Ornament - Providing a restful, green haven for students since its dedication by President Calvin Coolidge and his wife in September 1927, the Coolidge Sylvan Theatre was the dream of students and faculty, particularly Ada Caldwell, State College art educator, who wished to provide a natural setting for student activities. Over the years such diverse activities as the May Pole Fete, rock concerts, graduations, convocations, SDSU Presidential Inaugurations, and Hobo Day's Kangaroo Court have taken place with the embrace of the amphitheater.
The Coolidge Sylvan Theatre Ornament was created from images in the museum's vast photo archive and is the third SDSU ornament in the series.
Made exclusively for the South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum.
Made in the USA.
Measures 3 1/8" x 2 3/4" Gift boxed